- "Known as the "City of Harmony", Numbani is one of the few places where omnics and humans live as equals. This collaboration has led to the creation of one of the world's greatest and most technologically advanced cities in the short time since its establishment after the end of the Omnic Crisis. As part of this year's Unity Day festivities celebrating the city's founding, the gauntlet of the infamous Doomfist is being exhibited at the Numbani Heritage Museum."
- ―Overwatch Visual Source Book
Before the March 21, 2017 patch, the payload in this map was a carrier with a glass case containing Doomfist's gauntlet. Until the August 29, 2017 patch, it was a carrier with an empty and broken glass case. Currently, the contents of the case are unknown as they are hidden beneath a gray cover. The attacking team must escort it to the Numbani Heritage Museum.
- Pre-March 8, 2016 Patch
- External Media
Built shortly after the Omnic Crisis, Numbani is one of few cities where omnics and humans have the same rights. The collaboration has made the city one of the world's most technologically advanced, and every year they celebrate its founding with Unity Day.
For years, the city was frequently raided by Talon member Akinjide Adeyemi. Akinjide was later killed by Akande Ogundimu, who took the title of Doomfist for a brief period but was soon defeated by an Overwatch strike team composed of Winston, Tracer, and Genji. The gauntlet was reclaimed and put into a foreign museum, but was later transferred back to Numbani after another Talon attack.
The Numbani Heritage Museum was planning to open an exhibit on all three Doomfists, but the festival was delayed due to anonymous threats. The gauntlet was later reclaimed by Akande after breaking out of prison and destroying several OR15 defense bots at the Adawe International Terminal. One of the destroyed OR15s was later purchased by child prodigy Efi Oladele and upgraded into a new guardian called Orisa.
- The Arrivals screen in the Adawe International Terminal says the following:
|20:00||Seoul||HG 0614||On Time|
|22:15||Cork||BF 3264||On Time|
|22:55||Hong Kong||HA 3252||On Time|
|24:00||Buenos Aires||OL 7215||On Time|
|1:05||Rome||VW A353||On Time|
|2:25||Paris||SJ 5863||On Time|
|2:35||Hanamura||KU 4352||On Time|
|2:55||Delhi||PO 2567||On Time|
|3:30||Shanghai||RG 2554||On Time|
|4:00||Singapore||GR 0254||On Time|
|4:10||Dorado||SX 0126||On Time|
|4:45||New York||EE 2342||On Time|
|5:00||San Francisco||UT 2543||On Time|
|5:20||Taipei||KE 7145||On Time|
|5:35||Johannesburg||DQ 1276||On Time|
|5:55||Sydney||AH 8343||On Time|
|6:30||King's Row||CK 1117||On Time|
|6:40||Versailles||GR 3337||On Time|
|6:55||Los Angeles||AT 3245||On Time|
- In the Adawe International Airport, there are posters for Hanamura, Temple of Anubis, King's Row, and Russia (with a picture of Volskaya Industries). The same posters can be seen in Numbani Tours International.
- Several posters for Lúcio's concerts can be seen around the city.
- Throughout the map, there is a poster for a beverage called Old Glenwales. It says "Relax and Unwind - The Legendary Organic Oil - 2030". On it is an omnic holding a glass of the drink.
- The Axiom building has an Atlas News ticker and a stock market ticker:
- Numbani was originally teased in a tweet from @PlayOverwatch. It was officially announced on August 5, 2015, alongside Volskaya Industries and Lúcio.
- In the Soldier: 76 Origin Story video, Numbani was marked as the location of an 'active threat' near Overwatch's collapse.
- The Axiom news ticker used to have different lines:
- BREAKING: OR15 defense units destroyed in confrontation with unidentified assailant at Numbani airport. No civilian casualties reported.
|Maps in Overwatch|
|Assault||Hanamura (Winter) •• Horizon Lunar Colony •• Paris •• Temple of Anubis •• Volskaya Industries|
|Escort||Dorado •• Junkertown •• Rialto •• Route 66 •• Watchpoint: Gibraltar|
|Hybrid||Blizzard World (Winter) •• Eichenwalde (Halloween) •• Hollywood (Halloween) •• King's Row (Winter) •• Numbani|
|Control||Busan •• Ilios •• Lijiang Tower (Lunar) •• Nepal •• Oasis|
|Arcade||Arena||Black Forest (Winter) •• Castillo •• Ecopoint: Antarctica (Winter) •• Necropolis|
|CtF||Ayutthaya •• Ilios Lighthouse | Well | Ruins •• Lijiang Night Market | Garden | Control Center •• Nepal Village | Shrine | Sanctum •• Oasis City Center | Gardens | University|
|Deathmatch||Château Guillard (Halloween) •• Petra •• Kanezaka|
|Event||Lúcioball||Busan Stadium •• Estádio das Rãs •• Sydney Harbour Arena|
|Other||Adlersbrunn •• Lijiang Tower (CtR) •• King's Row (Uprising) •• Rialto (Retribution)|