Lijiang Tower was built in the heart of a modern Chinese metropolis, its busy streets lined with stores, gardens, restaurants, and famous night markets, where foods from around the region are available at all hours. The tower itself is home to one of the leading companies in China’s state-of-the-art space industry, Lucheng Interstellar, an organization with a long pioneering history that is currently pushing the boundaries of space exploration.
- Night Market
- Control Center
- Concept Art
In the center of the city of Lijiang, a large tower looms above the city owned by Lucheng Interstellar, China's leading space exploration company. Lucheng is known for establishing the Horizon Lunar Colony and a space station (though the former was overrun by gorillas and the latter is encountering errors).
- In the Night Market, there is an electric billboard in front of the pagoda, showing the news in simplified Chinese:
- (According to reports, vigilante "Soldier: 76" appeared in Dorado, Mexico.)
- Mei-Ling Zhou returns to the Himalayas.) (Certified climatologist
- space station .) (Sudden emergency on Lucheng Interstellar
- Tracer" and Winston reappear, is Overwatch coming back?) ("
- Ilios .) (Ancient Greek Statue reappears in
- Posters for the Horizon Lunar Colony can be seen in rooms around the Control Center.
- In the Control Center, there are spacesuits on display; one is red with no flag, one is blue with the USA's flag, and one is green with Numbani's flag.
- The red spacesuit is marked with the name " " and has the phrase " " on the wall behind it. This is in honor of Hongyu Wu (吴宏宇), an avid fan of Overwatch who died trying to pursue a motorcycle thief.
- At a desk in the Control Center, there is a photo of Dr. Harold Winston and young Winston.
- Lijiang Tower was added in the Closed Beta alongside Nepal. They were the first two Control maps added.
- Lijiang Tower is based off the aesthetics of Chongqing, a city in China known for it's night markets.
- The map is arranged like a staircase, with Night Market at the bottom, Garden in the middle, and Control Center at the top.
- Lijiang Tower was one of the only two maps available at launch whose theme music was not in the Overwatch Soundtrack; the other being Ilios.
- Lijiang Tower uses pools of light to guide the player through the map.
|Maps in Overwatch|
|Assault||Hanamura (Winter) •• Horizon Lunar Colony •• Paris •• Temple of Anubis •• Volskaya Industries|
|Escort||Dorado •• Junkertown •• Rialto •• Route 66 •• Watchpoint: Gibraltar|
|Hybrid||Blizzard World (Winter) •• Eichenwalde (Halloween) •• Hollywood (Halloween) •• King's Row (Winter) •• Numbani|
|Control||Busan •• Ilios •• Lijiang Tower (Lunar) •• Nepal •• Oasis|
|Arcade||Arena||Black Forest (Winter) •• Castillo •• Ecopoint: Antarctica (Winter) •• Necropolis|
|CtF||Ayutthaya •• Ilios Lighthouse | Well | Ruins •• Lijiang Night Market | Garden | Control Center •• Nepal Village | Shrine | Sanctum •• Oasis City Center | Gardens | University|
|Deathmatch||Château Guillard (Halloween) •• Petra •• Kanezaka|
|Event||Lúcioball||Busan Stadium •• Estádio das Rãs •• Sydney Harbour Arena|
|Other||Adlersbrunn •• Lijiang Tower (CtR) •• King's Row (Uprising) •• Rialto (Retribution)|